Friday, May 16, 2008

ABC's



Our day started out as it normally does with breakfast and chores. As Payton and I finished up our week of homeschooling, Blake came in to find a puzzle. While cleaning out our bookshelf earlier this morning, I found our alphabet train puzzle. I gave it to Blake, wondering if he could do it on his own. I made a point of not being in the same room with him, so he would not ask me which letter came next. To my delight, he was doing it on his own....and he slowly figured out the entire puzzle completely on his own!!! Learning our letters has been a bit difficult, so what an accomplishment.


But our day ended quite differently than most days. I was in the school room when I heard the door slam and then came the ear piercing screams. I ran to see what happened and found Blake on the floor. Holding his finger, I learned that he slammed his finger in the door. I didn't think it was going to be that bad and tried to settle him, but when I looked at it.....sighhh. It was bad. I was so thankful Rupert was home. I won't go into the detail, but we decided we needed to take him to Duke Urgent Care that was less than a mile from our house. They took him right in. Nothing was broken, thankfully.

2 comments:

Anna Morrison said...

I love your blog! It is so bright, warm and happy. I hope you enjoy this as much as I do.

Amy said...

Poor little guy. He looks proud of his bandage, though. War wounds. Shane slammed Colby's foot in the door of the truck a couple of weeks ago when I was out and he had the kids. I was shocked nothing was broken. Funny how things like that happen when I'm gone. Just sayin'.